Monday, October 09, 2006

The Goose Is Getting Fat

I have defrosted some pumpkin. I whipped together a pie, and now im going to make some Molasses Pumpkin Ginger Cookies. The gingery molasses part I'm making up. I'm going to add some and hope it works out. Gotta go fix my pie for a minute. It has an old premade crust, but better a pie than pumpkin tossed.

So here's my final recipe...

Gingery Pumpkin Molasses Cookies

  • ½ C all-purpose flour
  • 1 C whole wheat
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp ground nutmeg
  • ½ tsp ground cloves
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • ¼ tsp ground cardamon
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ C butter, softened
  • 1 C sugar
  • ½ C brown sugar (who can leave out brown sugar?!)
  • 1 C cooked pumpkin puree (can or home made)
  • 1 egg
  • ¼ C molasses
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger, and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, molasses, and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy.

Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls.



Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies on rack.
Makes about 3 dozen

I suggest making them small. They turn out very cake like. I should have expected it. Chewy with crispy chewy edges, but its the cake sort of chewey. They tast pretty good, and even better when I added walnuts. My verdict, probably wont make again. I like using the pumpkin and the wheat flour, but I was looking for something with a ginger snap sort of chewy texture. I'm pleased though.

And it turns out I'm an idiot. Why my camera wasnt turning anymore was because I had it cocked. I took a pic of my lense cap. Another lesson learned at the expense of film.

No comments: