Saturday, March 17, 2007

Another Great Mystery



Ever wonder why they still call Lipton's Onion Soup Mix, soup? The space on the back is filled with four recipes. Meatloaf, potatoes, pot roast, sour cream dip. That’s ok. These are pretty fine recipes... (Ok, so I've only tried the taters and dip). You think to yourself, the soup recipe must be on the side. To the right, the ever percent nutritional value. To the left... a hamburger recipe. Top? Bottom? Neither. There is no onion soup instructions. Readily improvisable... just add water for a nice onion broth, just enough for good flavor. Have you ever heard of anyone actually making the soup from this soup mix? I never have. I think I'll try it this week. AND I'll post pictures. Coincidentally, there isn’t one on the net of prepared Lipton's Onion Soup, that I could find.

No comments: